Not sure if I have what it takes

vendredi 30 octobre 2015

Hi, I'm new here. I've wanted to be a SA vet as long as I can remember. I'm in my senior year of high school right now. All of my classes except one are college classes I'm taking online through a local community college, and I have all As, with my highest grade being 99.33%. I'm taking four college classes this semester and four more in the spring. I also took two full year in-school college classes last year through a nearby university and my grades last year were all As except for two Bs in the last quarter (one in Spanish 3- which was a college class, and one in chemistry).

I've done some research and know that vet school is really, really hard to get into, so I'm trying to get a head start. I've recently contacted a vet and am going to start volunteering at her shelter, which has dogs, cats, birds, horses, pigs, goats, alpacas... all sorts of different animals. :) In a few months I'll start volunteering at a humane society as well.

I've filled out an application to a 4 year university for a bachelor's degree in biology with a focus on pre-vet but haven't submitted it yet. My problem is that I'm afraid that I can't handle the 8 years of school. For starters, I don't know how cells work and I hate chemistry. Granted, my chem class last year was a joke and that's why I didn't learn anything- nobody did, but that makes me worry even more because I'm going to have no prior knowledge. Anatomy/physiology is also hard to me. It's my lowest grade this semester as I currently have a 91%.

I'm also really nervous about messing up and accidentally hurting an animal or even killing it. I know that vet school is at least 5 years away, but is that really enough time to learn everything? I'm a slow learner, but once I know something, it sticks. Did anyone else have these fears when they first started? How do you overcome your fears? I do have really bad anxiety so I feel overwhelmed just thinking about all of these things.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Not sure if I have what it takes

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates