So can we talk money?

samedi 31 octobre 2015

So I've posted this before on this forum:

http://ift.tt/1GyFvNR

According to 2013 survey, 70% of Psychiatrists work <40 hours, 90% <50 hours/week. So the average salary of 217k or whatever is severely dragged down by part timers clearly.

And almost 20% earn >300k.

So by extrapolation, if you work >45 hours a week (so like 8-5, weekends off), you should be able to easily earn 300k. pretty awesome. So hourly rate then is probably along the lines of general surgery/anesthesiology/non-interventional cards (if this is in fact true).

I do scan other boards, and it looks like starting salary for cards is around 280-300k, with a ceiling of around 350-400k. But I suspect cards guy making 400k works damn hard, probably same as a psych making 400k?

http://ift.tt/1ZhKhuN

Post #162 and post #165

I'm a lowly resident, so I don't know much about this stuff, but I do glance at APA Job central emails. I remember few months ago there was a job posting in inpatient setting in Modesto CA. $360k base, with calls -> 482k. Granted I'm sure the job was 'undesirable', but I mean 450-500k to live near the Bay Area....could be worse.

So Psych isn't actually "low paying", quite the contrary based on my reading, if it is relatively comparable to the 'all mighty cardiology'.

And I'm sure cash only guys in NYC/LA easily pull in 400k? I mean I know a child psychiatrist that charges $600/hr. Obviously does not have the volume to pump that rate for 40 hour weeks, but I'm sure he does ok :)

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



So can we talk money?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates