Medical school admissions questions

samedi 31 octobre 2015

Hi everyone,

I've been on and off this website looking through a lot of the threads posted to find answers to my questions, but I haven't found them yet. I'm hoping someone can help me out with my questions about my candidacy for medical school and your opinion on what I should do next.

I'm a four year community college student. I've been going to school part time working to pay for school and to support my family(two parents and younger brother). I've done poorly in my academics. There's just no way around it. In my four years I've got a 0.0's in several classes, but I have retaken those classes to bring my GPA back up to a 3.3. I'm applying to a four year University this winter as a transfer student. I guess I've been reading that MD(allopathic) schools use a program that doesn't count for retakes but rather averages them? If this is the case should I wrap up my MD dreams? I have had an upward trend in my grades getting a 3.8 in the last biology and 3.8 average in the Ochem series.

I'm wondering what would you advise me to do? Continue towards completing my degrees? (B.S. in Molecular and Cellular biology and B.A. in Economics)

Would anyone advise me on if I should do a post bac after I receive my degrees or a masters program?

Another comment I wanted to make was that my C.C. has a retake policy which replaces the grade on my transcripts but shows the original grade with an R(repeat) next to it. But the University I'm applying to uses the community college policy of grade replacement so i'm wondering when my credits transfer will it only show my retaken courses on my official university transcript?

Also when filling out my application for med school will my transcripts from the University suffice (which shows my CC credits earned) or will I have to send my full CC transcripts along with my Uni transcripts?

I'm asking these questions because I am a MD hopeful and I would love to match into a radiology program which I hear is difficult for DO's. I hope someone can help me with my questions.

Thank you everyone!!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Medical school admissions questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates