Advice for new overnight CVS pharmacist

samedi 31 octobre 2015

I suggest making a list of everything you are expected to do every night. It is shockingly easy to get distracted and forget something; I keep a pocket list of what I want to get done every night and just check it off as I go. Ask your partner what he or she does if you don't know.

1. Terrible advice. I can't stress enough how bad this advice is. Except for the occasional rush the wait time really shouldn't be more than 10 minutes. Ask the overnight supervisor if you can call him/her to help with checkout if you get busy. Some can/will, others not so much.

2. I guess this is good advice, although I can't recall a time I have ever called anyone. I just page them overhead when it is ready. If they want to leave and come back I just tell them when it will be ready. The idea about enrolling everyone in texting is a good one except that there is no reason to have such a confrontational attitude about it. I also am not sure the details about how texting works overnight - does it have to be a waiter for them to get a text? Do they even get texts overnight?

3. Yeah this is how I do it.

4. What are you going to do for 1.5 hours while they wait for their flu shot? How obnoxious can you be? Either do it or don't do it (not doing it is against policy of course), but don't be a dick about it.

5. I do agree with giving the phones the lowest priority when you have people at the counter. If someone wants to know where something is, just tell them, why make them wait? Weird.

6. I never thought of that, but I do put a sign in the drive through window when I am in the break-room so they know there is no hope that I will see or help them. Most bathroom breaks are short enough that I don't see a need for any kind of sign.

7. 8. Aren't these the same things? Anyway, yes I agree with this.

9. You can have the system reboot anytime after midnight. I think the usual thing to do is have it reboot while you take your break.

10. I just do RTS based on the RTS report, but hey, whatever works for you.

11. Yup.

12. It is against policy (and ethics) to lie unless you feel your safety is in jeopardy. I just tell them professionally why I won't fill the script.

13. Hahahahahaha. Good one. Really, what do you think you are there for? Most of your time will be spent cleaning up the day shift and doing readyfill with a small amount of time for new scripts and early controls.

14. It is impossible to know if a script was picked up at another CVS. You can tell if it was filled or put on hold though.

15. I just tell people I can't fill it until the other CVS puts it back. I am surprised by how many pharmacist apparently are willing to do this.

16. I can't recall the last time I compounded something.

17. This should be on your list of things to do.

18. This depends on the store but yeah I would say to expect to put at least some truck away.

19. Yeah

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Advice for new overnight CVS pharmacist

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates