Help! Which school should I attend....

vendredi 30 octobre 2015

Hello everyone,
It's crazy that the last time I posted on this forum was 3 years ago, asking if I had sealed the fate for my career as a physician and, now, I am sitting on multiple acceptances....
Irregardless, here is my dilemma...
I need to choose between LECOM-Erie, LECOM-Bradenton, or attend the rest of my interview invites....
(If it makes any difference, I'm from Riverside, CA. MCAT: 30 with 3.7GPA/3.5sGPA)

LECOM-Erie (PBL)
Pro:
-Dirt cheap tuition/rent
-Good reputation in PA
- Possibly a little bit more research opportunities than LECOM-B because of Milcreek Hospital nearby
- Love the PBL schedule
- Better clinical sites than LECOM-B
- Lots of elective time
Con:
- Far from Pittsburgh, Cleveland
- Boring town
- Need to buy a car

LECOM-Bradenton (PBL)
Pro:
- Dirt cheap tuition/rent
- Good reputation for board scores in past (might change in future?)
- Great residency placement in past (might change in future?)
- Good camaraderie among students.
- Lots of elective time
Con:
- Absolutely no research or physician shadowing
- Middle of nowhere
- Need a car
- Poor clinical sites

Now, so far, I have LECOM-Bradenton and Erie to choose from. I am still waiting on NYITCOM and Nova. I am also considering sending a secondary to Touro-NY (I received a secondary 3 weeks ago but haven't submitted it yet, not sure if it's too late...). I actually like Touro-NY because it would mean no car and city life and lots of research because of location. Nova gives students very little time for electives senior year and I've heard that many of their residency programs won't survive the merger. I also applied to PCOM but they aren't accepting my LORs and have pretty much slammed the phone to my face many times and don't answer my emails.

I started this process thinking about going into Peds but, after a summer anatomy fellowship, I've been fascinated with surgery and want to make sure I go to a school that will keep as many doors open as possible.

My choices, I guess, are:
1. Choose between LECOM-E or LECOM-B and withdraw other applications (Which school...)
2. Wait for a possible interview invite from NYITCOM (very expensive tuition + need a car)
3. Wait for a possible interview invite from Nova (very expensive tuition + few electives + need a car)
4. Submit secondary to Touro-New York (despite being 3 weeks late?) (costs $200)
5. Apply to more/other schools (WesternCOMP/TouroCA?--not many open doors for DOs in CA)....

Thanks for your help! It's good to be back!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Help! Which school should I attend....

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates