I'm a painter...showing paintings during interviews?

samedi 31 octobre 2015

I'm a caribbean IMG applying for psych this year and I do oil painting in my spare time. How would you react to an applicant pulling out a colored printout of examples of paintings during an interview when discussing my hobbies? I picked tasteful paintings, mainly true to life, highly detailed still-life along with a portrait of my mom's dog. Nothing controversial, abstract or weird.

On one hand I think it could highlight some qualities of mine that could give them a fuller picture of me and on the other hand I could see how it would be a strange move or they could wonder if I'm really dedicated to medicine, etc. Not sure which way it would be perceived.

I showed the sheet at my first interview and it seemed to genuinely go over well, they liked them, the PD seemed delighted, but how would it actually translate into them considering me for a position?

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



I'm a painter...showing paintings during interviews?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates