Comlex PE thread

vendredi 30 octobre 2015

No one knows how it's graded. Just try to act like a good, caring physician. Wash and drape, get a complete, thorough history with ppqrsta plus full social/FAM/medical. Its like a FP rotation...console them, give tissues, ask if they're comfortable or need anything. Always close the encounter by asking if they have questions, tell them that you're gonna be there for them, and followup in a week, month, etc. If you've had an outpatient IM or FP rotation, just try to emulate one of the nicer physicians. Be the doctor that you'd want to treat your mother.

Physical exam? Who knows...but listen to heart/lungs in everyone.
Omm? Do it where you see fit, check CTL and recheck after treatment. No need to bust out fancy techmiques--stick to what you know. ME ST

Note? Don't write anything you didn't do. DONT WRITE ANYTHING YOU DIDNT DO. Its better to leave something out than include something not performed. Don't tunnel yourself into one diagnosis, and rule out red flags first and foremost. If you forget anything, just put it in the plan.

I took this exam after not having seen a patient for over a month, and I thought about every little mistake for the 8wk waiting period but I passed because I simply remembered to treat it like one of the IM rotations that I had. After a couple of cases, I ceased remembering that it was an exam and treated it like a day on rotation where I wanted to impress my attending and help my patient.

I believe that is the objective of this exam. Good luck to all, and enjoy a Philly cheese steak from Pat's, not Gino's. One wiz with.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Comlex PE thread

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates