12 AM to 6 AM Thread

samedi 31 octobre 2015

On academic medicine night float for the month. My poor newly minted second year is getting creamed on her no doc admitting night and I think is a little freaked out. She is so good... But is now leaping to diagnoses rather than keeping an open mind and ordering appropriate tests to narrow the differential focus. Fortunately she is easily talked through the process.

I remember when I was a second year, nervous about admitting myself, handling all the night stuff alone as the 'senior resident'. It was a great learning experience. Now I'm the third year having the second years run their admits by me, calling with questions about floor calls, etc, and it is again good to see how much I have learned, how the thought process changes and evolves.

Tomorrow I need to do my online modules. My goal is to get them all done for the year this month so I don't have to worry about them anymore.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



12 AM to 6 AM Thread

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates