Iowa State University CVM c/o 2020 applicants!

mercredi 11 novembre 2015

My goal was to score at least 160 on both sections. I used Kaplan books and also the Magoosh phone app for vocab words (which is awesome... I would be on it whenever I was waiting around for something at my internship or during commercial breaks while watching TV). Additionally, I studied and knew all the words at the back of the Kaplan books. The first time I took the test I only studied the week leading up to the exam. I don't think I ever took a full practice test. I was really happy with my verbal, but the online calculator threw me off a ton and I ran out of time and really screwed up the quantitative.

The second time I basically studied the same way, but I got a quantitative-only Kaplan book and really figured out faster techniques for some of the trickier problems (ones that I knew how to do, but not as fast). Other than that, I just told myself to do the test faster on actual test day and was really conscious about that. Instead of marking a bunch of problems to come back to (and leaving them blank), I would make sure to make my best guess anyway and then come back later. This way, even if I didn't have time to go back I still had an answer down. I ended up scoring 8 points higher on quantitative. I scored 2 points less on verbal but that was fine by me since the score was still on par with my personal goal. For the second time, I studied earlier, but not necessarily more. Meaning I probably only put in a week or so of intense studying, just not right before the test.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Iowa State University CVM c/o 2020 applicants!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates