Tufts c/o 2020 Applicants!

mercredi 25 novembre 2015

I'll add my voice to the chorus---absolutely check out Magoosh. You don't even need to use the paid version for it to be helpful. I used the free flashcard app to review vocab in the week leading up to the test and raised my verbal score from 164 V to 170 V without doing any additional prep. The decks (20 decks of 50 cards each for vocabulary) cover the most commonly tested vocab words, and allow you to weed out the words you already know and mark words you have trouble remembering for additional review. I didn't run into a single piece of vocab on the test that I hadn't learned through these flashcards. Find them here: http://ift.tt/1Q6Y0yj.

I also went through Magoosh's Quant flashcards to see what I might have forgotten over the years, but I would actually recommend Khan Academy instead when it comes to studying for Quant. ETS has a page mapping the subjects tested to the relevant videos/playlists here: http://ift.tt/1jcC6j1. You can play the videos 2x speed to go more quickly through the subjects you remember well. They work through tons of example problems to make sure you really get the application down. This is the only Quant review I did (concentrated in the 3 or 4 days before the test, oops) and I stilled managed to score a 161 Q.

I did, however, find that I ran out of time on the second math section and had to make wild guesses for the last 3 questions--so if doing it over again, I think I would definitely have benefited from taking timed practice tests. It sounds like the Magoosh tests @wheelin2vetmed mentioned above are probably a great resource. I know there are free ones out there too (like these from McGraw Hill: http://ift.tt/1jcC6j3) but I can't speak to their quality.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Tufts c/o 2020 Applicants!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates