Salus University MOT

mardi 24 novembre 2015

I left a voicemail with them yesterday at the time of the conference and sent an email. Since it was 6:30 nobody was there. Today, nobody was answering their admissions line at 5:30 pm. I got a reply by email at 3:30 (which I didn't see until after I called) apologizing for the technical difficulties and suggested I try again next month.

When I called ACOTE, the first person who answered the phone was the one who told me it was very unusual not to get approved. When I asked about Salus in particular, that's when she wanted to refer me to her boss to get the full story on the accreditation process.

I got the impression that the issues were fixable but were significant enough that they would have preferred that Salus postpone the final review a little bit. If none of them got fixed, they could potentially impact final accreditation. However, that's why they have all the interim reviews, is to find issues to fix before the final review.

The last person I talked to suggested that I attend one of Salus's webinars later on and ask them about how they are progressing with accreditation. That's why I was a little worried when it didn't look like the webinar was happening.

I promise I'm not just making this up so that people who are already accepted won't drop out, making room for people who applied later (like me) to get in.

The school I was attending last fall put a hold on my transcript because I didn't have immunization records (a bit hard to find 35 years later). Their online immunization form said that because of the nationwide shortage of TB tests, only high risk individuals (like people who've been shadowing OTs in hospitals/nursing homes and have chronic health conditions themselves) need to do skin TB tests or get chest X-rays. By the time I got that cleared up, it was almost finals week and I waited for my grades to get posted before doing anything in OTCAS. So I didn't apply anywhere until January.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Salus University MOT

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates