What are my chances?

samedi 28 novembre 2015

Hi all,

I am currently a senior and my GPA stands around a 3.05 right now. I still have 38 credits left (including this semester) and I will be retaking 3 classes (Chem 1 &2 and Orgo 2) during the summer at another school (not a CC) after I graduate. For this semester, my GPA is right around a 3.8 and I plan to get the same if not shoot for a 4.0 next semester and As on the 3 retakes. I believe when its all said and done, I should be right around a 3.4-3.5 GPA.

My ECs are pretty decent (I think). I have roughly 400 hours of volunteering at a hospital (mostly underprivileged individuals), 300 hours of shadowing an MD (family friend but Ill also try to shadow a DO in December-January), and 1500 hours of paid work hours in the Biology and Chemistry labs as a lab assistant at my school.

As far as the MCAT goes, I am shooting for above a 510 and really think that with proper studying and timing I'll be able to get a 514-517. However, in order to give myself the proper timing, Id most likely have to take it in September. So Id be submitting my application in September with an MCAT pending and my scores should arrive when Im verified.

I live and plan on staying in NY/NJ and would be applying to NY/NJ MD and DO schools so I am just wondering what my chances would be for either one?

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



What are my chances?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates