A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

samedi 28 novembre 2015

Some good things about KCOM (I start school in a month as an OMS1):

Small town = anywhere you live is walking/biking distance from campus (and to be honest, it's not like you will have a ton of spare time anyway).
Even though you are 1.5 hours away from the nearest mall, you are 2 1/2 hours from Des Moines & Kansas City, 3 from St. Louis, and 6 from Chicago. We just came back from Chicago and so you can pick which "big" city you want to visit on breaks.

Super tight-knit community (most students meet up and help each other even before school starts). Locals are super accommodating and friendly too. This town is a medical school/college town. It has the essentials, fast food places, home depot, a HUGE super Walmart, good diners, an awesome beach off of 1000 hills (a lake 5-10 minutes from town). It's also super picturesque in terms of landscape- I know why some people love living here. Driving through the national park right next to town makes that obvious. If you are outdoorsy I think this is a really good place to be. I like it because I live right next to campus with my wife and 3 kids and I can come home/go to school whenever I want (some schools I got accepted to required me to drive for 20-40 mins to get to campus because the safe neighborhoods are relatively far from the campus which in my eyes is an inconvenience and added expense).

My wife and I are city people and we have lived here a month and really like it. Can't speak for everyone but I'd say give it a chance.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



A.T. Still University Kirksville (ATSU-KCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates