Can someone help me make sense of this?

lundi 30 novembre 2015

Ancedote du jour: I don't care what anyone says about SDN...if I'm not super busy...you'll see me here - rude, crude, ignorant, brilliant, loving...whatever form.

I was DYING to get into a clinical psychology doctoral program, it's all I wanted from a career, and got an offer in the 11th hour from a professional school (>$200K debt), having interviewed and wait-listed at my top choices. I was going to take it, but I had little babies then and my husband (although supportive) was business-minded and 110% against that kind of debt. Jon Snow gave me some solid advice (he was working in field and on SDN from time to time). After a back and forth with him, I released the offer with plans to apply the following year (it was my second year applying). Then, I got a funded offer a few MONTHS later. (I am a lucky duck. :luck:)

And I'm not even going to mention a special someone who gave me feedback at internship time about my essays...being overly psychodynamic at the time, the perspective was extraordinary and on target....revised it and matched at my #1. Maybe these old timer SDN, National Guards were harsh (they both rejected my rose-colored vision), but hell, if it didn't get me where I wanted to go. Thank you very much.

And now, you folks are helping me figure out my dissertation acknowledgements. I love it.

I owe SDN my patronage.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Can someone help me make sense of this?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates