"Funny quotes from 'less informed' pre-meds," On-Topic Edition

lundi 23 novembre 2015

Had this conversation this weekend after finishing up a volunteering shift at a free clinic:

Premed asks me what specialty I want to go into and I eventually ask him the same thing, naturally, he responds:

Premed: I want to be a neurosurgeon and I'm pretty sure I want to be an academic somewhere in the northeast.

Me: (thinking: this guy is def. on SDN) Wow! That's pretty ambitious. What set you on neurosurgery?

Premed: neurosurgeons make tons of money! I also heard the academics have really flexible schedules so I can work part time, make tons of money, and then just run a business or invest on the side.

Me: (....giving benefit of the doubt, maybe it's a rather reasonable business) Well what kind of business do you want to run? It might be tough to work part time if someone is expecting you to publish and operate and teach, you know?

Premed: Something with investment or finance where I could just triple the money I'm earning from surgery. (Here comes the best part..) I just want enough money to live a comfortable life.

Me: Ahh...good luck with that.

What kind of life do you have to live up to that point to think you need neurosurgeon + financier money to live comfortably? Probably a pretty sweet one. But probably a miserable one from then on out when they find out that is essentially impossible.

Edit: I should add, this guy has already been accepted to a TX Med school so get ready team, he is coming for you.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



"Funny quotes from 'less informed' pre-meds," On-Topic Edition

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates