What are my chances?

jeudi 10 décembre 2015

Hey guys I was wondering if you could give me any advice on how to improve my application for this cycle. I am a non traditional student and had to take a few pre-reqs to be considered last year. I applied last year and got interviewed and waitlisted at tennessee and also waitlisted at UF.

25 years old, male, Florida resident

Degrees:
B.S. in Biology, University of South Florida

Cum GPA: 3.69
Science GPA:3.5
(I took microbiology in the fall and biochemistry this spring, received A's.

Veterinary Experience:
- 717 hours experience SA
- 1183 hours experience LA

I work at a mixed animal practice and am classified as a large animal technician but obviously do small animal when we are not out in the field.

Animal Experience:
- 1570 hours volunteering at a theraputic riding facility for disabled children and the elderly.

Letters of Recommendation
-University of South Florida Professor
-Jacksonville University professor
-Veternarian I work for
-Owner of the riding facility

GRE: 1110: 540 verbal; 570 quant. I am currently enrolled in a kaplan course and will be retaking it just before the deadline this summer.

My concerns:

-Basically all of the vet experience is from one clinic. I shadowed at a few clinics but only accumulated maybe 100 hours from them before working at this clinic. I have tried to find other vets but I really enjoy working here because we see all species. I have looked for strictly LA vets but my mixed animal vet pretty much has a monopoly on the region.

-All of my animal experience if from this riding facility. I love working there, it is really rewarding and it combines animal experience with community service/extracurriculars.

-I have no other extracurriculars other than the community related service I perform at the riding facility. I basically spend all my time between the clinic and at the riding facility.

I think I have strengthened my application since last year, I had about 900 hours vet experience and applied with no animal experience whatsoever. I am hoping to have significantly more hours once I apply again in october.

I am applying this year to: UF, Tenn, Tufts, UPENN, Cornell and definetly a few other schools. My obvious number one is my IS (UF) but I really like Tufts and it is my top OOS school.

Im sure I have left some things out so please ask me anything.

Thank you so much!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



What are my chances?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates