Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

lundi 7 décembre 2015

I appreciate what appears to be well intentioned concern, but i gotta push back against some of your characterizations.

First off, i have been working in the mental health field for 7 years, so i'm aware of anxiety disorders and how they develop. My personality is on the anxious side, but i don't have problems with anxiety and it isn't certainly any more extreme than the anxiety that i see from others on this board. Seeing how frequently folks post leads me to believe i'm not the only one that refreshes this page an embarrassing amount every day.

As far as free time, i work full time in clinical research, volunteer, and have a decently robust social life. So I don't think i have "so much free time". Not sure how how my saying that i don't sleep as well when i have things on my mind, i think a quality that probably characterizes much of SDN and the population in general, equates to me having copious amounts of free time (for what it's worth, i wake up early in anticipation before lots of big life events, travels etc). That said, i do work on a computer all day, which means i have ample opportunity to read SDN.

In terms of when i submitted, it was when my mcat scores were released on the 21st, which to be fair, is actually closer to the middle of the month than the end of the month! Aaannnddd, you gotta admit, the school threads are full of people who submitted around my dates and are starting to get replies. I'm not EXPECTING them anytime soon, i'm just looking forward to receiving them!

Again, just wrote out this reply cuz i always gotta play devil's advocate. I appreciate your concern but i think i'm safe, for now. As is always the case, the giddiness and excitement starts to wane the longer i wait.

All that said, blocking SDN may be beneficial for my work productivity...

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



Official 2015-2016: Oh no, I don't have a single Interview Invite thread!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates