MPH Fall 2016: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected!

samedi 12 décembre 2015

Hi, everyone!

To my surprise, nobody has created an MPH Fall 2016 thread yet! I joined this site just to start one because I think they were valuable resources to applicants in previous years. So, let the fun, anxiety & night terrors begin! Best of luck to you all, entering class of 2016!!!!

I'm copying stuff over from previous years because I lack originality (and why invent the wheel twice?)
And let's try keep this strictly about the application process for simplification. If information changes, please come back to the thread and keep us updated.

b28fef11c34c6b9013471a13b969f3d6380281814ba9fd1552a8b8e747d67b49.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Undergrad School:
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA:
Major/Minor:
GradGPA
(if applicable):
Grad Studies (if applicable):
GRE (including date taken) or Other Test (if applicable):
Experience/Research (please, be brief):

Interested in:
Applied:
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Me first, yay!

Undergrad School: Private liberal arts in California
Undergrad GPA/Major GPA: 3.55/3.86 (butchered my first year grades, came back strong)
Major/Minor: Neuroscience and Psychology double major/Philosophy minor
GradGPA: n/a
Grad Studies: n/a
GRE: Taken in 2014 with minimal studying, so I'm scheduled to take it again in a couple of months with adequate preparation. Either way, my scores from last year are 160V/157Q/4.5W. (Yes, I realize that these are moderately good scores. I just want to challenge myself and feel like I did my best.)
Experience/Research:

  • 2.5 years as psychology research lab manager
  • 1 year as president of academic psychology club president
  • 1 independent summer research project on stress hormones funded by research grant
  • multiple volunteer experiences in mental health settings (special ed. classroom, autism behavioral training, at-risk youth mentoring)
  • multiple poster publications and a 1st place research presentation prize for work on stress hormones at regional conference
  • Misc. - member of a few honor societies in psychology and science, studied abroad with Semester at Sea, and received highest achievement award for a graduating senior in my academic department
No work experience or journal publications or extensive international experience :(

Interested in: If you can't tell by now, I really like studying mental health. My interest in public health is very specific in global mental health. (Please wish me luck that I'll somehow find a job in the future in this nearly nonexistent, poorly funded field.) So, the schools I'm applying to specialize in this field, and some of them aren't even MPH programs. Oh well, let's just go with it!
Applied: Johns Hopkins (MHS), NYU (MPH), Columbia (MPH), UCL (MSc), LSHTM (MSc), Duke (MSGH), U of Glasgow (MSc), U of Melbourne (probably going to drop this one), U of Denver (MA), McGill (MSc)
Accepted:
Rejected:
Waitlisted:

Your turn!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



MPH Fall 2016: Applied, Accepted, Waitlisted, Rejected!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates