2015-2016 New York Medical College Application Thread

mercredi 9 décembre 2015

I'll leave this here. I'm a current MS1 about to become an MS2 (finally!). Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll do my best to check the forum but if you really want something answered it is best to PM me and pass the info along as needed. We are currently studying for finals coming up next week so it may take me awhile to get back. So far, I have loved it here. It has been a wonderful experience in all settings social and academic but it really is what you make it. The school is very OOS friendly. Do keep in mind that we regularly receive over 13,000 applications for roughly 1,000 interviews (not sure what kind of acceptance #s they have though). I'm not trying to be discouraging--just giving you what I've heard--you'll soon learn that the idea of a "safety" school is kind of silly when applying to med schools. The only thing US News is useful for is an ego boost. Check our match list to see where we place our grads (do this for any school you are interested in) and try to figure out what our Step 1 averages are (not actually sure, I just know we are consistently above the national average). We place an insane amount of grads into diagnostic rad if you had any interest. Only bit of advice I can give for those applying: stay off the forum as much as possible, it is a cesspool for desperation. Come here if you have a legitimate question or update, but trying to speculate and predict what the AdCom is doing will ruin your mental state. Seriously, go outside, go to the gym, go on a first date. Go do anything besides hang out here and panic--you will be much happier at the end of the application cycle regardless of an acceptance. I'll step off the soap box now. Once again, feel free to PM me, I honestly won't check the forum that often.

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



2015-2016 New York Medical College Application Thread

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates