All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

mardi 8 décembre 2015

We have a rant and rave thread. A random thread. We need one for out pets! Post questions, advice, photos. Whatever you want.

I'll start by asking for some advice.

I'm getting this female puppy in January(middle of the picture, lighter one. Sorry the pic is huge). I've only ever had dogs/puppies out at the farm. Never a puppy indoors. So, I will inevitably need some help down the road. :laugh:

She is German Shepard/Australian Cattle Dog/Rottweiler(25/25/50).

First off: I need a good female dog name for a larger dog. Preferably something 2 syllable, or able to shorten to 2. (easier to differentiate between the name and 'no', 'stop', 'sit', etc). Nothing like Princess or Fifi. :laugh:

Second: I have a bit of a potty dilemma. Well, two actually.
1) I would like to use the back yard for potty, however the back door is through the kitchen. I would like to keep the kitchen off limits as the cat litter and food/water will be in there. (I'm setting up a baby gate in the doorway 6" above the floor, so the cats can go under, but the dog can't) If I want to keep the kitchen off limits I can't keep bringing the dog through it umpteen times a day. I just wanted to avoid the front yard because of neighbors. I have a feeling I'm going to have to use the front yard anyways. (either front or back, I'd be picking up the dog poo. Who wants to step in it while mowing. :laugh:)

2) I may be able to set up a small kennel at the Dairy for when I'm working there. But my other job is at a bar(for now) and I can't do that. The puppy will be 8 weeks old when I get it and can't hold pee for more than 3 hours. I work 7 hour shifts, 20 miles away. I can't put a kennel in the backyard yet with all the snow, and can't afford it until spring. I was thinking about setting up a round pen in my living room with a pee pad at one end. Would that work for when I'm gone at work? No one else will be home.

[​IMG]

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service - if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at http://ift.tt/jcXqJW.



All About Our Pets(Pics, Advice, Etc)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Copyright © 2010 Game Star | Free Blogger Templates by Splashy Templates | Layout by Atomic Website Templates